Our Vision Impairment Awareness Training is designed to help you understand the different types of eye conditions, the impact they have on individuals and how you can help make a difference.
Our core training covers;
- The Myths and Facts about Vision Impairment
- Statistics and eye conditions
- Language and legislation
- The impact of sight loss on everyday tasks and the help available
- How you can make a difference
These modules are designed to provide a comprehensive overview of vision impairment, what it means to live with various conditions and what help is available. At the end of the session you will have an increased understanding of sight loss as well as increased confidence and knowledge of how you can help.
Additional modules can be added to provide a more interactive and detailed session. These may be particularly relevant to health and social care professionals and include;
- How the eye works
- Full length Sighted Guide Training
- Interactive simulation tasks
- Eye Health and Prevention
- Making your environment accessible
- The Eye Health Care Pathway
These additional sessions will equip you with the knowledge and tools to understand the sight loss journey. The modules will provide you with in-depth knowledge of the human eye, how it works and how various eye conditions impact on vision. The Eye Health care Pathway will be explored providing an overview of the certification and registration process and the roles of health and social care professionals involved in patient care.
Our training package starts at £250 for the core To discuss a training package, please contact us for more information.